Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cookie Monster

Hi everyone! 

This week I have been on my fall break. I have to say...I think breaks come at the perfect moment to save me from emotional wreckage. 

To celebrate my fall break I have been doing yoga, snuggling with Phil, pinning my life away and cooking. 

One of my favorite thing to do with old bananas is make cookies. They are healthy, easy, and keep me from tossing away produce. 

You should try these out...even my kiddos like them! 

Ingredients:
1-2 Over ripped bananas 
2 tbsp Almond Butter 
2 cups rolled whole oats

Directions:
-preheat oven to 350F
-mash the banana(s) with the almond butter 
-mix in oats (I eyeball this if I want more or less)
-spray pan with olive oil
-use a spoon to scoop and form into cookies
-bake for 20mins 
--enjoy!

Some variations I have tried are:
-include protein powder 
-add craisins 
-add chocolate chips
-top with Greek yogurt 
-top with coconut milk ice cream
-add cinnamon/pumpkin spice
-use peanut butter instead of almond



I used Justin's Almond butter, organic bananas, and rolled oats from Whole Foods.


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment