Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Once Upon a Time

Hi all!

Some big stuff has been happening... as some of you know, Brian, the boyfriend, moved to Oklahoma for training for the FAA. It has been a huge transition. Before he left, my family and I decided to plan a surprise for him...that is where my story...kinda sorta...starts....

So I planned this beautiful sunset cruise we have in Arizona called Desert Belle. If you are visiting, I strongly encourage going. They have an informational cruise that tells you all about Arizona. I have done that twice and loved it both times. This time we planned on the live music cruise. Wine...music...sun...scenery...who wouldn't LOVE that?

I LOATHE surprises. I can't stand them. I spoil secret Santa every year and will give up a surprise in a heart beat. It is not a quality I am proud of...just not my thing. This time I was so careful not to spoil the surprise. I was so proud of myself. I even told Brian how proud I was about not spoiling it. I wanted his day to be perfect.

To start the evening, my friend and I blind folded Brian and stuck him in the car. I kept asking him if he had any idea where we are...he always said no...then he started complaining about being car sick. I was no about to have him being car sick ruin the surprise I finally kept so I made him suck it up.



We get to the dock and my aunt, uncle, and four cousins are waiting. I unmask Brian and he is so surprised and excited they are all there. I give myself a silent high-five for pulling it off and we get in line to board.

My aunt manage to get us all reserved sitting up front with the music on the top of the boat. It was so pretty. The music was ahhh-mazing too! I bopped along happily to Jeordie's music just trying to keep a happy tone for the boyfriend. I knew he was going to start getting sad eventually to be leaving us all.

I noticed about half way through he seemed super sad and kept telling him it is okay and tried cheering him up. {Typical girlfriend duties.}

We had plan in advance for the musician to acknowledge that we were all there for Brian's career adventure and good bye party. This is where I think I blacked out and not from too much vino.

She calls Brian up to say thank you to us all for putting this all together. (Awwwwww) And he starts talking about me and how we have been together for over 9 years. ---Insert loud comment from the peanut gallery about how he should just "marry me already"----and thats when it happened.

He proposed! It was adorable, so thoughtful, and more than I could dream of.

He went to go hand over the microphone after I suffocated him with a hug. It wasn't until this woman took of her scarf that we realized his mother had flown in from Chicago at last minute to see the action too. Holy surprises. I thought that was it...

Then all of a sudden this man started taking photos of us....turns our he even hired a photographer to capture the moment. AH!



I couldn't thank the Desert Belle or the musician enough for making out day so special. She even played some songs for us after to celebrate with us.

Pure happiness doesn't give justice to the new chapter in out lives.



Desert Belle:
WEBSITE: www.dessertbelle.com
PHONE: (480) 984-2425

JORDIE:
WEBSITE: www.Jeordie.com


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and memorable proposal! That is one to remember!

    Rachel
    thirdgradecupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete