Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Common Core for Parents

Hi there!

I don't know about you all, but I am still struggling with being "beginning of the school year" tired. It has caused me to neglect a lot of things in my life...the blog being one of them.

Lately, I have had a lot of my parents email or come to me with severe concerns on how I am teaching due to Common Core. It is now at the point where I am having a "CCSS for the Parents" night in my classroom.

Many of my parents, myself included, were taught the classic lecture and question way. Things are much different now! Many of my parents struggle with helping on homework, and I completely understand. To help them learn the "new" way of thinking, I have put together a PowerPoint and a PDF to follow for them on my educational night.

I have uploaded it to TPT for you to grab your own copy. You can click HERE for it.

We are going to go over the following (all found in the PDF):
-What is CCSS?...what CCSS is NOT.
-Testing and CCSS
-Strategies for reading
-Strategies for math
-Videos on lesson that is CCSS VS 20th century learning




How do you educate your parents on Common Core?


No comments:

Post a Comment