Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Prepositional Polly

Meet Prepositional Polly! Prepositions and prepositional phrases can be difficult. To help my kiddos remember, I created an interactive anchor chart I used in a whole group mini lesson. 

The purple writing was not there to start. That is where the kids' responses were recorded during the lesson. Students reviewed and discussed prepositons to start. We then took the removable fly on the chart to see where the fly can go. This lead students to recognize prepositions in their own sentences and in writing. The kids loved interacting with the anchor chart. I also kept it at a center for them to create their own sentences using prepositons. 

It was great how easy-peasy it was to make! My kiddos got way more out of it being interactive than just a plain anchor chart too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment